[APWG] NEWS: Turning to Darwin to Solve the Mystery of Invasive Species

Robert Layton Beyfuss rlb14 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 10 18:06:39 CDT 2014

Darwin was right. This is the first article I have seen that actually tries to understand the “why are they here” issue of invasive species. Most of what has been promoted as invasion biology is “how do we kill them all and protect the motherland from the evil invaders?”  That is not science. It is a reactionary response combined with the arrogance that all we have to do is kill the bad guys and all will be well.