[APWG] NEWS: New report shows Wisconsin's fight against invasive species

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Thu Oct 3 07:59:35 CDT 2013

http://wsau.com/news/articles/2013/oct/03/new-report-shows-wisconsins-fight-against-invasive-species/

New report shows Wisconsin's fight against invasive species
Wednesday, October 02, 2013 11:07 p.m. CDT by Raymond Neupert

MADISON, Wis. (WSAU) - State conservationists say they've been working
hard to combat invasive species in Wisconsin.

The Department of Natural Resources released its annual Invasive Species
Report on Wednesday to highlight the work that's being done to keep
harmful plants and animals out of the ecosystem. Invasive species educator
Chrystal Schreck says there's a pair of invasive plants that the DNR is
fighting in our area. "Garlic mustard and buckthorn are two of the
terrestrial invasives we see across the state."

See the link above for the full article text and for a link to the report.