[APWG] Heavy use of herbicide Roundup linked tohealth dangers:study

John jmbarr at academicplanet.com
Tue May 14 08:00:12 CDT 2013

The patent  on Round-up has run out, years ago.  There is no reason for using the name brand stuff.  It is usually twice the price or more!

You may purchase generic glyphosate with zero surfactant.  This is the formulation approved for use on bodies of water.  You may use without surfactant or you may add the surfactant of your choice  If you add your own surfactant, and it has not been tested, you will need to do your own tests of toxicity.

The word "toxicity" is defined by federal law when used in conjunction with pesticides (herbicides).  The following article has a bit of information about how levels of toxicity are determined, and how you can read pesticide labels to understand the words used.  In all cases, it is the "active" ingredient that is tested because this is the way the federal law is written.

http://smith.agrilife.org/files/2011/06/pesticide_toxicity_3.pdf

jb