[APWG] [Aliens-L] Re: FW: host specific biological controls of Japanese Stiltgrass and other non-native invasive species.

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Wed Feb 13 21:05:13 CST 2013

One solution that has ben proposed is for nurseries and other properties
that are growing non-native roses to facilitate removal of the multiflora
rose growing nearby by herbicide and mechanical means to protect their
non-native roses from the rose-rosette disease caried by the multiflora
rose.

Marc Imlay, PhD,
Conservation biologist, Park Ranger Office
Non-native Invasive Plant Control coordinator.
(301) 442-5657 cell  ialm at erols.com
Natural and Historical Resources Division
The  Maryland-National   Capital   Park  and Planning Commission
www.pgparks.com

  _____