[APWG] Ecosystems Invasions Re: Do ecosystems resistinvasion?Invasion and cropping Re: rate of change

Ty Harrison tyju at xmission.com
Mon Mar 5 13:49:10 CST 2012

APWG:  Regarding Wayne Tyson's astonishment (below),.
  Wayne et al:  Little do you know! (about the magnitude of helicopter applied herbicide here in Utah).  Read this and weep:  http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15185646 .  Massive amounts of glyphosate are being dumped annually on the non-native genotype of Phragmites australis in the public and private marshlands around Great Salt Lake:  http://www.utahwildlifephotos.com/keyword/phragmites/1/470783372_dUyTS#!i=470783372&k=dUyTS
  I know everyone thinks Utah is kooky, but this is an accepted practice, dare I say "best management practice" BMP!!!
  Ty Harrison