[APWG] NEWS: Nonnative plants versus birds - what's true?

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Fri Feb 24 07:55:48 CST 2012

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/02/23/HO5N1N8BN0.DTL

Nonnative plants versus birds - what's true?
Pam Peirce
San Francisco Chronicle February 23, 2012 04:00 AM

Q: I have always been puzzled by the long list of nonnative plants
designated as "invasive" by the California Invasive Plant Council. As an
avid gardener for 50 years, I know many of these plants, and I know they
don't spread (in gardens). So why are they considered "invasive"?

See the link above for the full article text.