[APWG] NEWS: Preventing The Spread Of Invasive Plants

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Fri Aug 3 07:39:07 CDT 2012

http://www.vpr.net/episode/54138/preventing-spread-invasive-plants/

Preventing The Spread Of Invasive Plants
Thursday, 08/02/12 Noon and 7pm
By Steve Zind, Produced by Samantha Fields

Non-native, invasive plants -- such as wild parsnip, Japanese knotweed and
garlic mustard -- are one of the biggest threats to the ecological balance
of our forests. They are also challenging and expensive to try to manage
and eradicate. We talk to Tim Schmalz, the state's plant pathologist at
the Agency of Agriculture, about invasive plants, and what's being done to
combat them and prevent their spread.

See the link above for the 12:01 audio segment on VPR.