[APWG] Native grasslands, $500K per year for last 30 years, results?

Craig Dremann - Redwood City Seed Company Craig at astreet.com
Wed Apr 18 12:14:15 CDT 2012

Dear All,

Now I am finding out why people call us the Gold Coast.  For the one
billion dollars worth of native grasslands we have on the San Francisco
peninsula, there has been $500K in taxpayers money spent on studies of
those grasslands every year, for the last 30 years.

What I am doing this year, is doing a census of the state of our grassland
resources, in terms of percentage cover of the native grasses, the
wildflower cover and the weed cover, that you can see at
http://www.ecoseeds.com/WMA.html, with photos.

This week is the peak of wildflowers in California and the West, so if you
have local public native grass/wildflower areas, especialkly if you are
doing any restoration or weeding projects, this is the time to go out and
do your own census.  I am using the toe-point method, and only 30 paces
gives you a good snapshot of what is going on, and only takes about 15
minutes to do.

Sincerely,  Craig Dremann (650) 325-7333