[APWG] NEWS: Botanic gardens blamed for spreading plant invaders

Wayne Tyson landrest at cox.net
Fri Mar 25 19:03:13 CDT 2011

While plant and animal fanciers perhaps cannot be stopped, it would be
interesting to know to what extent "the government" is responsible--and to
what extent various agencies have truly given indigenous species a fair
trial. For example, which species have been intentionally planted in huge
quantities for "erosion control," "range improvement," and the like . . . I
wonder what the International Erosion Control Association, for example, and
other trade and professional organizations, not to mention universities and
others proclaiming expertise, each has to say about their past and current
policies and activities in this regard.

WT