[APWG] NEWS: Invasive Species Widespread, but Not More Than at Home

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Fri Mar 11 04:41:03 CST 2011

It would be interesting to know if the only 2.5 sites per species in home
ranges were natural sites or unnatural disturbed sites without competition
from native species. Native Switch Grass has been found invasive in America
in unnatural habitats but not in natural habitats and is a new invasive in
Europe.

Marc Imlay, PhD,

Conservation biologist, Park Ranger Office

(301) 442-5657 cell

 <blocked::mailto:Marc.Imlay at pgparks.com> Marc.Imlay at pgparks.com
<blocked::mailto:ialm at erols.com>  <mailto:ialm at erols.com> ialm at erols.com

Natural and Historical Resources Division

The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission

 <blocked::http://www.pgparks.com/>  <http://www.pgparks.com/>
www.pgparks.com <http://www.pgparks.com/>