[APWG] Jewelweed TERMINOLOGY?

Wayne Tyson landrest at cox.net
Thu Jul 21 15:36:18 CDT 2011

JewelweedAll:

I don't mind the term "early-successional," and still find the concept useful after years of derision, but if a large group of ecologists don't like it and/or don't use it, what might be used in its place that would satisfy everybody without misleading others?

WT

PS: Is it not to be expected that, after removal of one type of vegetation that other species might not colonize the "opening?" Is it not also to be expected that, as other, more slowly-developing species grow, that the "early successional" colonizing species might decline?