[APWG] WEB: And the Garlic Mustard Challenge winner is... (fwd)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Mon Jul 18 07:54:18 CDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
After months of hard work and tough competition, we're pleased to announce
that the winning Cluster of the Garlic Mustard Challenge 2011 is...

               The West Michigan Cluster - with 52,258.75 lbs!
                       Congratulations, and well done!

In this year's Challenge, you all pulled more garlic mustard than ever
before! We cleared 266,012 lbs of garlic mustard out of our woods and
natural areas this spring. Thank you for all your hard work, enthusiasm and
dedication! Whether you were leading workdays, pulling on your own, or
teaching friends and neighbors about garlic mustard, your efforts made a
huge difference. We pulled 100,000 lbs more garlic mustard than we'd
originally set out to pull!

Another very exciting part of this year's Garlic Mustard Challenge is that
our Out-of-Cluster total was greater than that of any of our Clusters. More
and more people are hearing about the Challenge, and the Stewardship
Network, and they are tying into our ever-broadening circle of connections
for sharing resources and information.

To catch up on this years competition and see how other Clusters did in the
final count, visit the blog at www.garlicmustardchallenge2010.wordpress.com