[APWG] SCI AMER. needs many, many replies

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Tue Feb 1 13:39:12 CST 2011

Regarding, "The only place on the East Coast where I found an intact
understory was in Maryland at the US National Park only 15 miles from
Washington DC at Great Falls, Maryland.", I am so fortunate that I lead
invasive removals in such parks in Maryland. I found in preliminary surveys
that about one park in five qualifies this way and I chose those parks to
focus on to save the native ecosystems for the future. Cheers

Marc Imlay, PhD,

Conservation biologist, Park Ranger Office

(301) 442-5657 cell

 <mailto:Marc.Imlay at pgparks.com> Marc.Imlay at pgparks.com
<mailto:Marc.Imlay at pgparks.com>  <mailto:Marc.Imlay at pgparks.com>
ialm at erols.com

Natural and Historical Resources Division

The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission

www.pgparks.com