[APWG] Native grassland and forest understory weedings need to be at least 99%

Craig Dremann - Redwood City Seed Company Craig at astreet.com
Wed Aug 10 13:25:56 CDT 2011

Dear All,

I just visited Mark Vande Pol's home in the Santa Cruz Mtns., above the
city of Santa Cruz, where he has produced by weeding 14 grassland and
forest  acres that are 99.99% pure native plant cover, single handedly, in
only 10 years.

He view is, if your weeding efforts in native grassland and forest
understory areas are not producing 99% native plant cover, you are wasting
your time.

I am suggesting to all of our local public agencies within our county,
that each agency tries to achieve at least an acre of 99% native cover
grasslands, within the next 12 months.

In California, native grasslands are where a lot of our endangered species
of butterflies are trying to survive and we need to improve their habitats
so they can survive and recover.

Sincerely,  Craig Dremann, Redwood City, CA  (650) 325-7333