[APWG] Fw: Cooperative Weed Management Training sponsored by USFS - December 7th: Hold the date.

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Mon Nov 1 14:48:34 CDT 2010

                             CWMA Cooperators,

  Last year, through our USFS Durham Field Office, a grant was funded to
     provide CWMA training in the Mid-Atlantic States, Midwest and the
    Northeast. It was delivered in the MW and NE and is scheduled to be
 delivered soon in the Mid-Atlantic. If you can travel and are interested,
                we are certain it will be very informative.

    Please circulate. I will provide more info when Kate Howe makes it
                                available.
                     Hope to see you there! See below.

                                   Donna

Cleveland Metroparks is hosting an informational workshop in early December
 about Cooperative Weed Management Areas (CWMAs). It will be presented by
   the Midwest Invasive Plant Network (MIPN), which serves as a training
                 resource for CWMAs throughout the region.

   Cooperative Weed Management Areas bring together partners with common
interests in detecting and managing invasive plants in a defined geographic
 area. They are an effective way to share limited resources in pursuit of
                               common goals.

 The workshop will be held on Tuesday, December 7, 2010, at North Chagrin
  Reservation.   For more information, please contact Jennifer Hillmer (
       jah at clevelandmetroparks.com) or Kate Howe (howek at purdue.edu).

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                             Katherine M. Howe
                Midwest Invasive Plant Network Coordinator
                             Purdue University
                             howek at purdue.edu

                             Mailing Address:
                        c/o The Nature Conservancy
                           620 East Ohio Street
                          Indianapolis, IN 46202

                              (317) 829-3812

                              Donna M. Murphy
                       USDA Forest Service, NA, S&PF
           Mid-Atlantic Center for Urban and Community Forestry
                          Morgantown Field Office
                            180 Canfield Street
                           Morgantown, WV  26505
           (ph) 304.285.1547 (c) 304.276.8989  (f) 304.285.1508

                See our website!  View our events calendar.
                          www.na.fs.fed.us/urban
                      Join our webcasts! www.unri.org

         From season to season, trees bridge one generation to the
                            next......Anonymous