[APWG] NEWS: Harvard biologist comes to the defense of the muchreviled tree of heaven

ialm at erols.com ialm at erols.com
Tue Jun 15 18:37:32 CDT 2010

i could not agree less.  A complex root system holds water better to
prevent storm water runoff, as well as nitrogen release to the Bay. Adrian
Higgins did not list the principle benefit that is destroyed by an
invasives, biological diversity. It is true that Tree of Heaven and
Japanese Stilt grass hit disturbed areas faster than undisturbed area, but
pristine areas are eventually hit hard.