[APWG] The McDonaldization of the natural world

John Barr jmbarr at academicplanet.com
Thu Jul 29 22:17:59 CDT 2010

You can have your science.

I mourn the aesthetic of the McDonaldization of the natural world.  As
we go forward in time, I see a future where everywhere looks like
everywhere else.  Vast swaths across the globe of the same successful
generalists. Sameness, sameness, sameness........

Mr Beyfuss, I think you construct many a straw-man with your
arguments.  When someone takes the time to erect so many straw-men and
then smites with such zeal, I can only wonder about their motives.

john