[APWG] Alien organisms animals Pigs and Turkeys Re: CONFERENCE: Wild Pig Management Conference (Pensacola, FL)

Wayne Tyson landrest at cox.net
Sat Feb 20 17:49:22 CST 2010

Note to Olivia: The native-plants listserv has pulled my subscription, so if
you want, you can conjure up a similar post for them, and I hope you will
then post the results/posts to APWG.

They've gotta be kidding! I can't go to Florida! But I would like to find a
good bibliography with links to the best research on the topic. I also
wonder what happened to the concept of on-line conferences and why.

Like pigs, turkeys do a lot of damage to native plants too (with concomitant
damage to indigenous animals and producing soil disturbance that facilitates
alien plant invasion), especially where they have been introduced beyond
their original range. I'd appreciate references on this phenomenon too.

Thanks to all.

WT