[APWG] Natural Biodiversity News and Events

Kristin Sewak ksewak at naturalbiodiversity.org
Tue Oct 13 08:58:34 CDT 2009

Hello All,

Exciting things are happening this autumn at Natural Biodiversity!  Visit
our News and Events page, www.naturalbiodiversity.org/news for more detailed
information should the links below not work properly!

~We've moved our office - We are now renting the 2nd floor of the Windber
Coal Heritage Center from The Progress Fund - a nicer space, a better price,
and free parking!  Please note our updated contact information:

*Natural Biodiversity
501 15th Street, Suite B
Windber, PA 15963
Voice: 814-509-6036
Fax: 814-509-6049*

~Visit our new office during our "Haunted Open House", October 22, 5-8pm.
 Featuring a Windber Coal Heritage Center "Haunted" Tour, Kids' Patch
Halloween games, an Eerily Silent Auction, and more!  *See the
flyer<http://www.naturalbiodiversity.org/downloads/Haunted_Open_House_Invitation.pdf>for
details.
*

~*the Leaflet* is a new publication of Natural Biodiversity intended to let
partners, donors, volunteers and the public know about our happenings and to
inform people on general invasive plant, native planting, and land
restoration issues.  It will be produced about twice a year in electronic
form and limited hard copy.  *See the premiere issue newsletter, the
Leaflet<http://www.naturalbiodiversity.org/downloads/TheLeafletAug09LR.pdf>
  *

~CALL FOR FOUNDING BOARD OF
DIRECTORS<http://www.naturalbiodiversity.org/downloads/Making%20It%20Official.pdf>
...As
you'll see on the front page article of *the Leaflet*, we are looking for a
founding board of directors, so if you feel that you would serve well in
this capacity, please submit a short application by *October 31, 2009 *to me
at ksewak at naturalbiodiversity.org.

We are developing an invasive species curriculum for Pennsylvania schools,
thanks to a grant from the PA DCNR's Wild Resource Conservation Program.
 We're currently looking for a writer and an illustrator to work on the
project, so we've developed an
RFP<http://www.naturalbiodiversity.org/downloads/ISES_RFP.pdf>for the
project, with proposals due on October
30, 2009.

We've officially launched Outdoor Heritage season by starting to make plans
for April and May 2010.  Schools can now sign up online for Outdoor
Adventures, May 6 or 7, 2010, although we're already almost full!  It's a
popular, first-come, first-served outdoor field trip with limited space, so
register your school today!  Once reserved spots are full, you can still
sign up to be placed on a waiting list.  Check out www.ohmonth.com for
details.  This project is implemented in partnership with Kiski-Conemaugh
Stream Team and many others.

One final item...If you plan to shop online for holiday gifts...If you shop
online for own personal needs throughout the year...If your company shops
online...Consider doing it through www.iGive.com/bio , with Natural
Biodiversity selected as your cause.  With this set-up, around 700
participating stores agree to donate a portion of the sales derived from you
to Natural Biodiversity!  The donation is at no additional cost to you, in
fact, you can receive member discounts through iGive.com.

My apologies for any cross-postings that may occur.  Our aim with this
notice about our current News and Events, specifically our Open House,
premiere issue of *the Leaflet*, and the call for a founding board of
directors is to get these messages out to as many people as possible.

I hope you all had a Happy Harvest!

Best regards,

Kristin Sewak
--