[APWG] WEB: 2008 Threat Campaign Report

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Fri Jan 23 13:30:12 CST 2009

------ Forwarded Message ------

http://www.wildlifeforever.org/resources/NEW%20PAGES/documents/WEB-INVASIVES08REPORT.pdf

Greetings partners.  Thank you for another great year of outreach to the
outdoor sporting community with an invasive species message.  The link
above features the many accomplishments of our joint efforts over the past
year with the Threat Campaign.  Your help and support is truly making a
difference.

Our unique partnership was singled out for special recognition several
times last year.  We were honored to receive the 2008 "Rise To The Future"
award presented by Chief Gail Kimbell of the U.S. Forest Service in
Washington D.C. last October.  Additionally the "Threat Campaign" was again
honored in December by the U.S. Forest Service, Eastern Region, with an
2008 Honor Award with "Connect Citizens to the Land" recognition.  Both
honors were accepted on behalf of the Threat Campaign
partnership and illustrate, to other regions and states, what is possible
through working together.  Congratulations.

What's ahead for 2009:

We will be developing outreach programs using outdoor media in the
weeks ahead.  Oregon, South Dakota, and Washington have joined the
Threat Campaign team and will be using billboards to educate boaters
and anglers.  Utah is also interested in the outreach efforts.
Expect Pat to call you soon to learn of your plans and how we can
help.

We are also working with the U.S. Forest Service in development of
the next DVD in the "Threat Campaign" series, funded in part by the
National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.  This new version will focus
on the non-consumptive market, including ATA, snowmobile and canoe
users.

We are launching a new Blaze Green Intuitive, engaging hunters in the
popular "Green Movement" with an invasive species message.  Healthy
Habitats Coalition has also taken wing and will work with industry to
increase funding through Congress to stop invasive species.

Please know we are humbled by the huge success of the Threat Campaign.  We
greatly appreciate your help, support, knowledge, and suggestions.
Together we have reached 400 million Americans in just three years with an
invasive species message.  Wow!  We look forward to growing this outreach
together in the months ahead.

It is working!  Enjoy the report and again, thank you.

Douglas H. Grann
President & CEO
Wildlife Forever
2700 Freeway Blvd. #1000