[APWG] Fw: [INVASIVES] ISAC definition paper published

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Wed Jan 21 10:52:24 CST 2009

Hi everyone –

Just picked up my latest copy of Invasive Plant Science and Management …
our invasive species definition is now published!!  The official citation
is:

Beck, K. George, Kenneth Zimmerman, Jeffrey D. Schardt, Jeffrey Stone,
Ronald R. Lukens, Sarah Reichard, John Randall, Allegra A. Cangelosi, Diane
Cooper, and John Peter Thompson.  2008.  Invasive species defined in a
policy context:  Recommendations for the federal Invasive Species Advisory
Committee.  Invasive Plant Science and Management 1(4):414-421.  A pdf copy
is attached for your amusement and to distribute to those who need
education J.

Hopefully our work will be of value to many.

Don’t know about the rest of you but I am going to go have a beer to
celebrate!!

Happy Holidays!

George

K. George Beck
Professor of Weed Science
Dept of BioAg Science & Pest Management
Colorado State University

 (See attached file: ISAC Defn Paper published Inv Plt Sci Mnge Oct 08.pdf)
(See attached file: ISAC Defn Paper published Inv Plt Sci Mnge Oct 08.pdf)