[APWG] Fwd: [vnps-pot] research on effects of wisteria on seed germination

steveyoung at aol.com steveyoung at aol.com
Wed Jan 14 09:34:49 CST 2009

 Listers, please see the following interesting research concept. If you have any information and/or suggestions, please share them with the lists and the copies on this message as they are not list subscribers.

I will note from my own personal observations at Long Branch Nature Center in Arlington, Virginia that dense Asian Wisteria growth there appears to suppress everything else (plus kill large trees to boot, over time). So this topic is of interest to me as well as I have wondered whether there is an allelopathic compound at work.

Cheers,

???? Steve