[APWG] microstegium management

ForestRuss at aol.com ForestRuss at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 08:56:01 CST 2009

Dear All:

During the past several years I have spent a nearly obscene amount of time
trying to figure out how to control the spread of Japanese stiltgrass,
Microstegium vimineum, in my extremely fertile central West Virginia  woodland that
is near the epicenter of a major invasion by the weed.

It appears that the spread of Microstegium is far outpacing the research
that is investigating the environmental impacts and consequences of a stiltgrass
invasion.

With that in mind. I recently prepared an article for the Woodland  Owners
Association of West Virginia newsletter listing insights I have  developed and
suggestions for containing the spread of stiltgrass.

I hope that the information on the following link is of some use to APWG or
PCA list members.

_http://www.forestguild.org/ecological_forestry/Stiltgrass_and_woodsroad_maint
enance.pdf_
(http://www.forestguild.org/ecological_forestry/Stiltgrass_and_woodsroad_maintenance.pdf)