[APWG] looking for giant ragweed seeds

Qian Yu qianyu at umail.iu.edu
Thu Aug 27 17:38:34 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,
I am doing a study on a highly aggressive weed, giant ragweed
(Ambrosia trifida) to see its phenotypic and genetic evolution of
invasiveness. And I am trying to establish greenhouse experiments
using materials from a range of geographic distribution. I wonder if
you could help me get giant ragweed seeds from places outside Indiana.
It occurs widely along farmland, causes pollen allergy and usually
grows up to 2-4 meters in height. If you could help, please collect
seeds from 10 individuals, a few dozen from each individual (one
individual makes thousands of seeds), and mail them to
Qian Yu
Jordan Hall, 142 036B
1001E 3rd Street, Bloomington
Indiana, 47405
I would really appreciate your help! It would make a great difference
to the validity of my research.
Thank you.

Qian Yu
PhD student