[APWG] flammable biomass

Michael Schenk schenkmj at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 27 23:03:59 CDT 2008

There's been a lot of attention paid to invasive-fueled wildfires out West (and rightly so), but has there been documentation of the fire impact of stilt grass on Eastern forests? I recently threw a mass of dew-soaked green stilt grass on a small wood fire, and it burned like the 4th of July. I'm worried about how much more intense a ground fire will be with stilt grass present.

On an associated note, is anyone harvesting stilt grass for fuel?

Mike

Message: 2