[APWG] NEWS: $800, 000 in Grants Awarded to Fight Invasive Plants (Canada)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Thu Nov 6 09:47:26 CST 2008

http://www2.news.gov.bc.ca/news_releases_2005-2009/2008FOR0142-001643.htm

$800,000 IN GRANTS AWARDED TO FIGHT INVASIVE PLANTS

VICTORIA -- Annual project grants of over $800,000 will help fight
invasive plant species and protect British Columbia.s natural environment,
Forests and Range Minister Pat Bell announced today.

"Invasive plants pose an economic threat to B.C.'s forestry and ranching
sectors and we're committed to efforts to control their spread," said
Bell. "We need to do whatever we can to maximize the growth of our trees,
and that includes fighting anything that affects the health of our
forests."

See the link above for the full news release text.