[APWG] Fw: National Firewood Survey - your chance to contribute

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Mon Mar 10 12:18:34 CDT 2008

 From: William.Jacobi at ColoState.EDU
 Sent: 3/2/2008 10:59:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
 Subj: National Firewood Survey

 Dear Tree Health Professional

 We are looking for lots of good people to go out and record what firewood
 is being sold in your town.  We are trying to figure out how much firewood
 is moving around the country and if it poses a risk for exotic pest
 movement.

 In the west and eastern US many retail outletw will be switching from
 firewood to some other product to sell because summer is around the
 corner.  So! it is time to check out the retail firewood in your town.

 Could you please help us with this effort?

 The xcel sheet called just towns lists the locations we obtained data from
 in 2007 (first columns) and what we have recieved so far in 2008.  Ignore
 that the data sheets etc that say western survey.  We have cooperators
 working across the nation on this issue.

 The other attachments are information and data sheets to use.

 Please return data either in electronic or written pdf form to
 Betsy.goodrich at colostate.edu<mailto:Betsy.goodrich at colostate.edu>

 Thank you so much for your help.

 Bill

 William R. Jacobi
 Professor of Forest and Shade Tree Pathology
 Department of Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management
 Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523-1177
 970-491-6927  FAX 970-491-3862
 william.jacobi at colostate.edu<mailto:william.jacobi at colostate.edu>

Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL
Living.(See attached file: justtowns.xls)(See attached file:
Iamaskingabigfavorofyou2008.doc)(See attached file:
Westwidefirewoodsurvey2008.xls)(See attached file:
WesternUnitedStatesFirewoodSurveyPlan2008.doc)