[APWG] OK to send the URLs of the wildflower pics to anyone.

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Fri Apr 4 09:38:03 CDT 2008

In our area in the Mid-Atlantic we focus on removing all the invasive plants
from such pristine areas first because 1. It is more practical to do so, 2.
We can use manual removal more effectively to reduce the need for chemical
control, and 3. We are thus retaining a native ecosystem source of native
plants and animals to repopulate the more invaded areas when we finally have
the resources for invasive species control. Cheers

Marc Imlay, PhD

Conservation biologist, Anacostia Watershed Society
(301-699-6204, 301-283-0808 301-442-5657 cell)

Board member of the Mid-Atlantic Exotic Pest Plant Council,
Hui o Laka at Kokee State Park, Hawaii
Vice president of the Maryland Native Plant Society,
Chair of the Biodiversity and Habitat Stewardship Committee
for the Maryland Chapter of the Sierra Club.