[APWG] CONFERENCE: Alaska Invasive Plants Conference

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Fri Oct 19 14:22:30 CDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:39:17 -0800
From: Gino Graziano <ginograziano at alaskaswcds.org>
Subject: Alaska Invasive Plants Conference

November 14th and 15th the Alaska Committee for Noxious and Invasive Plant
Management (CNIPM) is holding its 8th Annual Workshop at the Fairbanks
Princess Lodge, Alaska.  Held in conjunction, the Alaska Invasive Species
Working Group is hosting its first conference on invasive species, November
13.  The evening of November 13th, John Randall and Michael Lusk will be
speaking to the public at a free lecture at the Noel Wien Library Auditorium
in Fairbanks about invasive plants.

A poster session will be held November 14th and 15th.  We encourage poster
submissions related to non-native species research, policy, public outreach,
and education.  Please send abstracts of your posters to Rosemarie Lombardi
(rosemarie.lombardi at alaska.gov) or Matt Carlson (afmlc2 at uaa.alaska.edu) by 1
November.  For more information you may contact me at the address below.

Agendas and registration forms are available at www.cnipm.org and
www.alaskainvasives.org.

Thanks,
Gino

Gino Graziano
Invasive Plants Program Coordinator
Alaska Association of Conservation Districts
(907) 354-1227, 745-4469
ginograziano at alaskaswcds.org
5310 S. Bodenburg Spur Rd.
Palmer, AK 99645