[APWG] NEWS: What's wrong with burning bush?

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Mon Nov 26 10:00:32 CST 2007

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/chicago_gardener/2007/11/whats-wrong-wit.html

Originally posted: November 25, 2007
What's wrong with burning bush?

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a story about the fall color of trees and
shrubs. A reader named Kay wrote in: "I really enjoyed your article about
trees and their suitability to the Chicago area.  However, I was very
confused to learn that burning bush (euonymus) is considered unsuitable
and is invasive.  I just visited the Chicago Botanic Garden where I saw a
huge hedge of burning bush in the sensory garden.  What's the story on
this bush?"

See the link above for the full article text.