[APWG] BLM buys > ONE MILLION lbs. exotics/year? - EXOTIC-FREE by 2011??

David Bruce Leonard herbnerd at maui.net
Wed May 16 16:33:26 CDT 2007

This is extremely silly. No one wants to get rid of alien food crops that are not invasive (ie that do not naturalize).

If someone needs a "scientist" to tell him that the destruction of 70% of Tahitian native forest ecosystems (birds, bugs, the whole deal) by Miconia is a "bad" thing either isn't thinking or needs to check his heart. Hawaiian ecosystems have been devastated by alien species, including man. Don't we have a responsibility to mitigate some of our impact?

There are always nice "rational" reasons to destroy the beauty of native ecosystems.

David Bruce Leonard, L.Ac.
Medicine at your Feet
http://www.davidbruceleonard.com