[APWG] Fw: Last Call for Abstracts - 4th FWS Chesapeake Annual Science Meeting - Mar 14, 2007

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Wed Jan 31 10:16:16 CST 2007

Hi,
Please see message below for all details. The location is on the eastern
shore of Maryland north of the Chesapeake Bay bridge.
Thank you,
jil

----- Forwarded by Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS on 01/31/2007 11:14 AM -----

                      Dixie_Birch at fws.g
                      ov                       To:
                                               cc:       (bcc: Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS)
                      01/31/2007 07:55         Subject:  Last Call for Abstracts - 4th Annual Science Meeting
                      AM EST

Hi Everyone,

This Friday, Feb. 2, 2007 is the deadline for submitting abstracts for the
4th Annual Science Meeting of the Chesapeake Marshlands National Wildlife
Refuge Complex.  Our Annual Science Meeting provides an opportunity for all
of our research partners to meet and present the results of their research.
We are interested in receiving abstracts for both oral and poster
presentations.  The posters will be displayed throughout the day and each
oral presentation will last 15 minutes with a 5 minute question and answer
period.  Copies of all abstracts will be provided to attendees the day of
the meeting.

If you would like to present at the meeting, please submit an abstract to
me electronically by no later than February 2, 2007.  Please use this
format:

Title
Author(s)
Contact Info: address, phone, and email
Body of Abstract (the body of the abstract should be no longer than 250
words)

The Chesapeake Marshlands National Wildlife Refuge Complex Fourth Annual
Science Meeting will be held on Wednesday March 14, 2007 in Cambridge,
Maryland.  The meeting will be at the same location as last year, Minnette
Dick Catholic Hall (directions attached).  We'll start registration and our
continental breakfast at 8:30am, the scientific presentations will begin at
9am, and we will wrap up by 4:30pm.

This year our catered lunch will be served at noon and will include:
Lemon Dill Marinated Chicken
Vegetarian Lasagna
Brown Rice with Sauteed Leeks and Mushrooms
Green Beans with Toasted Walnuts and Brown Butter
Mixed Green Salad with herb vinaigrette
Rolls
Brownies and Lemon Squares
Iced Tea and Lemonade

Coffee, soft drinks, and a variety of snacks and goodies will be provided
throughout the day also.

This year registration for the conference will be $20 which will cover the
costs of all refreshments and lunch.  Please send your check or money order
made out to the "Chesapeake Marshlands NWR Complex" to me by no later than
March 2, 2007.  We do not have a web site or a registration form for the
meeting.  Instead, just simply include in the memo line of your check or
money order the name of the person(s) attending the meeting or include a
note with that information along with your check.  My mailing address is at
the bottom of this email.  We will mail you a receipt once we receive your
check or money order and will add your name to our RSVP database.

Please share this invitation with any colleagues who may be interested.

We hope to see you on March 14 at the Annual Science meeting.

Dixie

(See attached file: directionstoMinnetteDickHall111505.doc)
Dixie L. Birch, Ph.D.
Supervisory Wildlife Biologist
Chesapeake Marshlands National Wildlife Refuge Complex
2145 Key Wallace Drive
Cambridge, MD  21613
Phone: 410-228-2692, ext. 118
Fax: 410-228-3261(See attached file: