[APWG] Fw: [ma-eppc] Fw: Eastern Invasive Network Listserve Digest #034

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Fri Jan 26 09:44:43 CST 2007

----- Forwarded by Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS on 01/26/2007 10:39 AM -----

                      Betsy_Lyman at nps.g
                      ov                       To:       DRIPP at yahoogroups.com, ma-eppc at yahoogroups.com
                      Sent by:                 cc:       (bcc: Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS)
                      ma-eppc at yahoogrou        Subject:  [ma-eppc] Fw: Eastern Invasive Network Listserve Digest #034
                      ps.com

                      01/24/2007 09:29
                      PM EST

I'm sending along a portion of The Nature Conservancy's Eastern Invasive
Network Listserve Digest (#034, to be specific), as it has some interesting

input that I thought would be of interest to our eastern listserves and to
the parks which the Northeast Exotic Plant Mgmt Team serves.

I would like to hear back from anyone who has heard about Calamagrostis
epigeios, chee reedgrass, escaping into natural areas, as would Tim Simmons

in Massachusetts (see contact info in email below). It seems to be
spreading into natural areas in Massachusetts. The USDA Plants Database
shows it in PA, NJ, NY and MA (and in the midwest, but I'm focusing on
northeastern US).

This is where you really need to know your grasses or find someone who can
help you out with it. I'm definitely not an expert--not even close--so I
would not be the person to check out a potential finding, sorry to say. I
might be able to point you to someone, however, if you don't know where to
turn for help and you are feeling fairly certain that you're seeing this
invasive grass.

Thanks much for your help,

Betsy

Betsy Lyman
Liaison, Northeast Exotic Plant Mgmt Team
National Park Service
Delaware Water Gap NRA
1 River Road, Bushkill, PA 18324
betsy_lyman at nps.gov
570-588-0513; fax: 570-588-0590
Brian McDonnell, Team Leader: 570-588-0534

----- Forwarded by Betsy Lyman/PHILADELPHIA/NPS on 01/24/2007 09:04 PM