[APWG] Are you interested in complimentary copies of Federal Highway Admin. handbook on control of nonindigenous terrestrial vegetation species, titled "Roadside Weed Management"

Johnson.Maggie at epamail.epa.gov Johnson.Maggie at epamail.epa.gov
Tue Jan 9 12:10:07 CST 2007

Hello All,

I want to check with people on the APWG email list to see if anyone
might be interested in a copy (or copies) of a Federal Highway Admin.
handbook on control of nonindigenous terrestrial vegetation species,
titled "Roadside Weed Management".

Through a detail from EPA to FHWA, and working "on the side", I helped
produce this handbook with FHWA and USDA (Mark Skinner who manages the
PLANTS database) which will soon be published on control of
nonindigenous terrestrial vegetation species.  It's a companion to the
FHWA handbook "Roadside Use of Native Plants" on the FHWA web site at
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/rdsduse/.  I compiled the State
Plant and Resource Lists for both handbooks (back then I was Maggie
Wilson).  Bonnie Harper Lore, head of the FHWA Roadside Vegetation
Program and the handbook editor, is offering copies of the new Roadside
Weed Management handbook to those interested.

The Table of Contents is attached below.  If anyone would like
complimentary copies, let me know, and tell me how many copies you would
like and send me your mailing address.  I can get copies for Agencies,
Regional Offices, States, other Work Groups, etc.

(See attached file: CONTENTS.doc)

For those who don't know me - my work with EPA OPPT RAD focuses on
reviewing chemicals with SAR models under TSCA, and (unfortunately) not
on botany or ecology. I'm a botanist/biologist but followed the
opportunities and found myself in OPPT, RAD!

Maggie Johnson, U.S. EPA
Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics, Risk Assessment Division
EPA East Building, Mail Code 7403M
1200 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W., Washington, DC 20460
202-564-8924  Fax: 564-9063  johnson.maggie at epa.gov