[APWG] Electronic Public Discussion: Evaluating the Invasive Potential of Imported Plants

MaryannWhitman maryannwhitman at comcast.net
Thu Jan 4 09:01:47 CST 2007

Bob

The factor you fail to take into account is that most people do not know
about invasive plants and sometimes even when they do know about them, they
don't care. The reasons for willfully ignoring invasive plants take on many
faces. One of these faces is worn by the horticultural industry whose pocket
money is earned through the sale of invasive plants.

Maryann Whitman, Journal Editor
Wild Ones: Native Plants, Natural Landscapes

www.for-wild.org

Wild Ones: Native Plants, Natural Landscapes promotes environmentally sound
practices to encourage biodiversity through the preservation, restoration
and establishment of native plant communities. Wild Ones is a
not-for-profit, environmental, educational, and advocacy organization.