[APWG] Invasive Medicinal Pulls - Invitation to continue discussion on MPWG's Web-Based Discussion Forum!

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Wed Mar 22 15:41:19 CST 2006

I want to thank everyone who has been sending in such excellent
information about Invasive Medicinals.  You are raising great points and I
would like to ensure that anyone who is interested has an opportunity to
view them.  SO, I'd like to take this opportunity to launch MPWG's new
Web-Based Discussion Forum (see bottom of e-mail)!

See you there!

-Patricia

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 750
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

**MPWG's Web-Based Discussion Forum**

**What's it about?

The MPWG Web-Based Discussion Forum will allow our members to discuss
medicinal plant topics without clogging folks' inboxes.

A Question of the Month Forum has been created under the Medicinal Plant
Working Group's section.  There you will find the Invasive Medicinals
Pull, as well as some of the previous questions of the month (thanks to
our illustrious webmistress).  You are invited to participate in any and
all of these topics.

**How do I participate?

Go to this url: http://www.plantconservation.org/forum
Click on Register - fill out your profile
Go to the Medicinal Plant Working Grou psection
Click on Question of the Month
Read the "Sticky" note about posting guidelines before posting a message
Click on the Question of interest
Click "post reply" to respond

**Why do I have to register if I'm already on the listserve?

The web-based forum is not connected to the listserve.  This might change
eventually.  For now, you must register to post messages on the forum even
if you are already on the MPWG listserve (or any other PCA listserve).

**Can I start my own Question of the Month?

No.  Registered members can reply to the topics, but can not generate a
new topic. Please contact Patricia De Angelis
(Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov), if you have a suggestion for a question of
the month.

**Do I have to belong to MPWG to participate in the discussion?

No. You can belong to any of the Plant Conservation Alliance listserves -
native plants, alien plants, etc. - and participate in these discussions.

**Need help?

Click on the FAQ at the top left of the webpage.

OR

Go to the General Forum section:
Click on "Announcements" for Password Creation and Security Reminder
Click on "Help & Questions" for additional assistance with FAQ