[APWG] New York Times taken over by Aliens? Invasions - Sciencearticle

Saline County Weed Control salineweed at diodecom.net
Mon Mar 20 09:51:33 CST 2006

A fine example of a national concern taken the wrong way.  Thanks for
bringing this article to everyone attention.  I say, plant every invader in
the yards of these writters and let them lead by example. :)  Or course we
can not do that, but this story from the NY times just makes me wonder.
There is truly only 2 percent of the people concerned and those try to
educate the other 99 percent, then a story like this comes a long.  The
writter obviously mistakes invaders with tested horticultural flowers that
are not escaping.  Perhaps one should take him to Montana and see the leafy
spurge or California to see fields of Yellow starthistle or Florida and the
list goes on and on.

I think this might be a good thing to put on my gpniw.org website and write
an article myself about it.  When it's finished it would be nice to have
everyone comment on it.
Thanks again for sending this out.
Chris Kelly
Saline County Weed Control, NE