[APWG] Abstract of Opposing Effects of Native and Exotic Herbivores on Pl...

Phytodoer at aol.com Phytodoer at aol.com
Wed Mar 15 09:47:13 CST 2006

Are we surprised that disturbance by exotic herbivores favors exotic plants
in many cases?  The native (North American) plants evolved without challenges
from and adaptations to these herbivores.  The exotic plants - in many cases -
evolved with these same herbivores.

I have not been able to read the full article, so I can only guess which
herbivores they are testing.  But if it is cattle, goats, sheep, or rabbits - have
not all been shown to cause severe damage to the native vegetation of
previously isolated systems?

Faith T. Campbell