[APWG] Fw: Invasive Plant Bid Spec Conference

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Mon Jan 9 12:15:02 CST 2006

----- Forwarded by Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS on 01/09/2006 01:14 PM -----

                      Steven Manning
                      <steve at ipc-inc.or        To:       kim.mello at us.army.mil
                      g>                       cc:       Peter.Egan at osd.mil, Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
                                               Subject:  Invasive Plant Bid Spec Conference
                      01/04/2006 01:05
                      PM CST

Pete, Jill and Kim,  Hello,  I hope your holidays were relaxing.  Would you

mind forwarding this final announcement?  There are about 10 spots
remaining.  Those that are interested can fax back the registration form to

615-385-4124.  Thanks.

This is the final announcement for the January 19th, 2006 Fort Detrick
Invasive Plant Management Conference.  This years Fort Detrick Conference
is designed to help land managers create strong components for invasive
plant management programs.  Speakers from a broad spectrum of public and
private agencies will speak about strengths and concerns they have seen in
contract development in their invasive plant management programs.  We are
encouraging participants to bring their experiences to the conference this
year.  We will have several points throughout the day when participants can

discuss previous invasive plant management contracts they have implemented
and the pros and cons of the process they encountered.

There will be a fifteen minute discussion period following every three
talks so that the audience can become involved and ask questions.  We are
hoping that this will be an open meeting where people add information
freely.  For most, this is a new topic and we are considering this meeting
a prelude to a stronger contract protocol for the invasive plant management

industry.

The agenda and registration form are attached.

Steven T. Manning
President
Invasive Plant Control, Inc.
PO Box 50556
Nashville, TN 37205
Fax:  615-385-4124
Cell:  615-969-1309
(See attached file: Detrick Agenda and Registration 2006.doc)