[APWG] No exotics being taken seriously worldwide?

Craig Dremann craig at astreet.com
Mon Aug 14 14:40:04 CDT 2006

> Dear Group Members,

>        You are invited to read this article and give your comments.

>   Are we doing enough for Parthenium Management?

> http://ecoport.org/ep?SearchType=earticleView&earticleId=924&page=-2

>   regards
>   Pankaj Oudhia

--------------------------------

Thank you for submitting your question and article URL.

I totally agree
with your article, but suggest that we expand it to include every exotic
on the planet, that we're not doing enough, quickly enough.

In the San Francisco Bay area, we have native grasslands which are
rapidly
going extinct from the invasion of exotic plants, and it is going to
cost
annually tens of millions of dollars of effort to keep them around, that
you can
read at
http://www.ecoseeds.com/invent.html

That sounds like a lot of money, but it is only the costs of two homes
in the vicinities of the endangered grasslands.

Like your article, I hope that not a single dollar more should be
invested in
Universities studying exotics in the future, ---rather, the government
should provide significant annual prizes for the local private sector to
invent the
most efficient methods and processes to manage each problem weed.

On my web page, I outline several approaches that government could take,
to invent efficient technologies against weeds.

Sincerely,  Craig Dremann (650) 325-7333