[APWG] Giant Hogweed characteristics

Rachel rachel at ruralaction.org
Thu Sep 15 11:49:58 CDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I am researching an article on Giant Hogweed and am looking for information
about where it commonly grows.  Particularly in forested areas.  Has anyone
had experience dealing with hogweed infestations in or adjacent to forested
areas?  Does it pose a threat to forest regeneration or understory plants?
Seems information I've found so far shows it mainly as a human health
threat, but not necessarily a huge biodiversity threat.

Any thoughts and personal experience would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Rachel

Rachel R. Orwan
Americorps VISTA