[APWG] ARTICLE: S. African woman in quest to wipe out green aliens

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Tue Nov 15 11:19:48 CST 2005

Just an article to remind us that we're not the only ones!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051113/lf_nm/safrica_aliens_dc_1

By Alistair Thomson Sat Nov 12, 9:35 PM ET

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Wendy Carstens' wide-brimmed hat ducks into the
long grass, a squirt from her spray gun exterminating another alien in her
quest for botanical purity.

"My husband calls me a plant fascist. I call myself a purist," she said of
her crusade to rid the Melville Koppies nature reserve in one of
Johannesburg's oldest suburbs of alien plants she says could upset the
ecological balance.

See link above for full article.