[APWG] FW: Garlic Mustard Webcast - Wed. May 11, 2005

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Fri May 6 10:50:41 CDT 2005

PLEASE SEE MESSAGE BELOW FROM

___________________________________

Please feel free to distribute the following notice about an online
presentation and discussion about the invasive plant garlic mustard...

Garlic mustard season is upon us. Join the Stewardship Network on
Wednesday, May 11 from 11:45am to 1pm online for a presentation and
discussion on the latest issues facing us as we work to control this
invasive plant in our natural areas.  To join the meeting, please click on
the following link: http://breeze.cvm.msu.edu/r59722129/

To log in, please "Enter as a Guest".  You will not need to enter a
password.

Join Doug Landis, Professor of Entomology with Michigan State University's
Center for Integrated Plant Systems who has been researching biocontrol
options for garlic mustard control; David Borneman, Manager of the City of
Ann Arbor's Natural Area Preservation Program who has been working with
volunteers and professionals within city parks to control garlic mustard;
and Lisa Brush, Executive Director of the Stewardship Network who has been
working to bring groups and individuals together to build capacity to
manage our natural areas.

You will be able to ask questions of and share information with these
experts and others who join us online.

While you may never have participated in a webcast or online meeting we are
excited to explore this innovative outreach technique and encourage you to
try it out.

You will be able to hear Doug, David, and Lisa through speakers on your
computer. You will be able to share your thoughts, ideas, questions, and
perspective via your keyboard. Participants will be able to see everyone's
typed comments.

If you have questions before next Wednesday, please feel free to email me.

Be well-
Lisa

Lisa Brush
Executive Director