[APWG] Fw: [Aliens-L] Garlic mustard and Seed Bank

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Tue Mar 1 07:39:54 CST 2005

Here are developments on how to respond to the seed bank
problem with garlic mustard removal including the importance of,

1) immediately catching new populations which may not have
a seed bank and

2) research into reducing the seed bank to more efficacious control,

as well as removal of the green reproductive stage in autumn
and winter. Thanks!

Marc Imlay, PhD

Chair of the Biodiversity and Habitat Stewardship Committee
for the Maryland Chapter of the Sierra Club.
Board member of the Mid-Atlantic Exotic Pest Plant Council,
Hui o Laka at Kokee State Park, Hawaii
Vice president of the Maryland Native Plant Society,
Conservation biologist, Anacostia Watershed
Society (301-699-6204, 301-283-0808)