[APWG] Fw: June 23 Program in WV (Healthy and Invaded Forest Understory)

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Wed Jun 8 14:41:25 CDT 2005

Please see announcement below. -Jil

----- Forwarded by Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS on 06/08/2005 03:37 PM -----

                      ForestRuss at aol.co
                      m                        To:       jil_swearingen at nps.gov
                                               cc:
                      06/08/2005 03:24         Subject:  June 23 program in WV
                      PM EDT

Jil:

I wanted to let you kow about a program I am hosting at Crummies Creek Tree
Farm in WV.

I have attached the program agenda as a WORD document.

I hope this is the kind of info that is useful to send for posting on the
APWG list.

Russ Richardson
Crummies Creek Tree Farm
PO Box 207
Arnoldsburg, WV 25234
304-655-8919

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
RECOGNIZING HEALTHY UNDERSTORY PLANT POPULATIONS, THE WV GINSENG LAW OF
2005 AND THE GROWING IMPACT OF CHINESE TREE OF HEAVEN ON FOREST
PRODUCTIVITY AND UNDERSTORY DIVERSITY.

DATE: THURSDAY 23 JUNE 2005 9:00 - 3:30

PLACE: Crummies Creek Tree Farm, Arnoldsburg, Calhoun County, West Virginia

The program is sponsored by: Crummies Creek Tree Farm, Forest Guild Model
Forest Program, WVU Extension, Woodland Owners Association of WV,
Appalachian Hardwood Center and the WV Division of Forestry.  The session
has also been approved for 6.0 hours SAF CFE credit.

General notes:
   ·         The morning session will primarily deal with recognizing a
   healthy forest understory with discussions on the 2005 WV ginseng law.
   ·         The afternoon session will be in a fertile upland forest
   location that was severely impacted by the ice storm of 2003.  The area
   was salvage logged but has a severe invasion of Ailanthus altissima,
   Chinese tree of heaven.
   ·         There are no sanitary facilities in the woods, come prepared!

To register, contact: WV Division of Forestry 304-558-2788

(See attached file: Tour agenda 23 June 2005.doc)