[APWG] Herbicide selection and application

Mincy Moffett Mincy_Moffett at dnr.state.ga.us
Tue Jul 12 08:42:46 CDT 2005

Dear folks,

I am a botanist with the Georgia Natural Heritage Program.  I am
assisting a landowner with the control of Japanese honeysuckle (Lonicera
japonica) that is impacting a rare plant, the Georgia Rockcress (Arabis
georgiana).  Georgia rockcress is a biennial or short-lived perennial
with a basal rosette present throughout most, if not all, the year.  The
obvious problem in selecting and applying a herbicide is killing the
honeysuckle without damaging the rockcress.  Since rockcress doesn't
seem to have a below-ground perennating period, I am unsure how to
proceed.  If anyone is able to provide guidance or assistance with this
problem, please let me know.  Thank you so much.

Mincy Moffett

J. Mincy Moffett, Jr.
Botanist
Cell: (706) 338-9154
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
Georgia Natural Heritage Program
2117 US Hwy 278, SE
Social Circle, GA 30025
Phone: (770) 918-6411 or (706) 557-3032)
Fax: (706) 557-3033
Work Email: mincy_moffett at dnr.state.ga.us

                   personal:
Home Email: moffejm at auburn.edu.