[APWG] Fw: Garlic Mustard and Buckthorn Ecology and Management Workshop - March 17-18, 2005

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Wed Feb 9 15:46:12 CST 2005

Hi, Please see Luke's message and attachments below.
Thanks, Jil

*******************************
JIL M SWEARINGEN
Invasive Species and
Pest Management Coordinator
Phone/ 202-342-1443, ex. 218
Fax/ 202-282-1031
Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien

----- Forwarded by Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS on 02/09/2005 04:40 PM -----

                      "Luke Skinner"
                      <luke.skinner at dnr.s        To:       <jil_swearingen at nps.gov>
                      tate.mn.us>                cc:
                                                 Subject:  Garlic Mustard and Buckthorn Ecology and Management Workshop -    March
                      02/09/2005 02:53 PM         17-18, 2005
                      CST

Hi Jill,  I am not sure if you have seen this annoucement for our
workshop.  Can you help distribute this email to NPS staff who may be
interested?  We would like to have NPS represented in the discussion.

Thanks!

WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT

Biology, Ecology and Management of Garlic Mustard and European Buckthorn -
A Two-Day Workshop

When: March 17-18, 2005
Where: University of Minnesota, St. Paul Campus, Borlaug Hall, St. Paul, MN
Cost:  $40 (covers lunches and refreshment for both days)
Registration deadline: March 1, 2005

Limited to the first 100 regristrants

We cordially invite researchers and resource managers to join us for two
days of discussion on the biology and management of garlic mustard and
buckthorn with an emphasis on biological control.  One day will be devoted
to each species.  Researchers from Europe and the United States will speak
and lead discussion regarding impacts, management and future research and
management needs.  See agenda below for topics and speakers.

This is an opporitunity for you to hear the latest research and interact
with fellow researchers and mangers that are interested in garlic mustard
and buckthorn.  Discussions from the workshop will provide the framework
for future work.

This workshop is co-sponsored by the Minnesota Department of Natural
Resources, U.S. Forest Service-Forest Health Protections and Forest Health
Enterprise Team, and the University of Minnesota.

Attached you will find a registration form, Agenda (close to final
version), and list of places to stay.  The workshop is on the St Paul
campus of the University of Minnesota. We have provided some lodging
options which you can choose from or find your own.  We chose a few hotels
that provide shuttle service to the St. Paul Campus for those who are
flying in and are not renting a vehichle.

**Please forward this message to your colleagues who may be interested in
the workshop.

We look forward to seeing you in March.

Luke Skinner,  Ph.D.
Invasive Species Program
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
500 Lafayette Road, Box 25
St. Paul,  MN  55155-4025
651-297-3763
Web Site: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/invasives/index.html

(See attached file: GM and BT Symposia Registration form_1.doc)(See
attached file: Lodging close to St. Paul Campus.doc)