[APWG] Re: [ma-eppc] Fw: frogs & roundup

DAVID WILDERMAN david.wilderman at wadnr.gov
Wed Apr 6 11:23:19 CDT 2005

Thank you for the clarification on Rodeo.  Since this is the glyphosate formulation to be used in aquatic situations, I had hoped that it did not have the surfactant that Round Up does.

Does anyone know if anyone has done studies with Rodeo similar to this study with Round Up?

Thanks,
David

David Wilderman
Natural Areas Ecologist
Washington Department of Natural Resources
(509) 925-8510
david.wilderman at wadnr.gov
http://www.wa.gov/dnr/htdocs/fr/nhp/nap/wanap.html
http://www.wa.gov/dnr/htdocs/fr/nhp/wanhp.html

"Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light." - Theodore Roethke

>>> "Art Gover" <aeg2 at psu.edu> 4/6/2005 6:59:36 AM >>>
Hi, All.

A few things regarding this current thread:

 I plan on getting the full article today if I can.  The information in the
abstract and the press piece do not provide enough information to know what the
researcher actually did, or what glyphosate source he used.  Drawing
conclusions and contemplating changes in vegetation management practices based
on the information available in the abstract would not be prudent.

The product 'Roundup' (now Roundup Classic, as well as many of the generics)
contained ethoxylated tallowamine as a surfactant, and the label recommended
additional surfactant for most foliar applications.

'Roundup Pro' contains polyethoxylated tallowamine.  It makes up 14 percent of
the formulated product and no additional surfactant is to be added.

Rodeo and its MANY equals are surfactant free.  Except for the product
'Glyphomate 41' (mfg. PBI-Gordon), all aquatic-labeled formulations of
glyphosate are surfactant-free (to my knowledge).

Be well.

Art Gover

http://www.esajournals.org/esaonline/?request=get-abstract&issn=1051-0761&volume=15&issue=2&page=618
> > http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-04/uopm-rhl040105.php
> >

> >To Unsubscribe, send a blank email to
> >ma-eppc-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com
> >
> >For problems or questions about the list, write to
> >ma-eppc-owner at egroups.com (Messages sent to ma-eppc at egroups.com go to the
whole list.)
> >Yahoo! Groups Links

> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?
> Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good!
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/TzSHvD/SOnJAA/79vVAA/C4xqlB/TM
>
> For problems or questions about the list, write to
> ma-eppc-owner at egroups.com (Messages sent to ma-eppc at egroups.com go to the
whole list.)
> Yahoo! Groups Links

>     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

PENNDOT Roadside Vegetation Management Project
Department of Horticulture
The Pennsylvania State University
(814) 863-1184 phone/fax
http://rvm.cas.psu.edu