[APWG] Invasive Plant IMAGE GALLERY for Mid-Atlantic Region (This is a wonderful resource)

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Wed Oct 6 10:56:45 CDT 2004

Hi,

The University of Georgia "Bugwood" Folks have done something wonderful
for invasive plant folks in the mid-Atlantic. They've taken the Alien Plant
Working Group's regional invasive plant list and made a photo library or
image gallery for it. Plant images are just a click away! The number of
photos available for each species is listed in the right hand column. Not
all plants have images at this time and that should be incentive for us to
start taking and sending images to them for addition to the library. Also,
more images are needed for all species, so consider sending them your
better pictures (email Chuck Bargeron for details).

The images are available for powerpoint presentations, brochures,
publications, etc.
Here are their specific guidelines:

Image Usage:

THE IMAGES MAY BE COPIED AND USED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FOR ANY NON-PROFIT,
EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE PROVIDED THAT ALL REPRODUCTIONS BEAR AN APPROPRIATE
CREDIT AND COPYRIGHT NOTICE. Appropriate reference and credits should be
given when using any of the images. A citation should be structured to
include: The photographer's name and affiliation, and the URL for
Invasive.org.  Any commercial or other use of the images requires the
written permission of the photographer or contact organization, and The
University of Georgia.

Please Consider Joining:

We ask that you register and join Invasive.org. There is no charge and you
will gain access to additional features by joining. Since Invasive.org is a
grant-funded project, we must generate documentation to justify continued
funding. If we can document sufficient usage by a variety of user groups,
we
believe that the funding agency will enable us to evolve Invasive.org as an
educational and service outreach at no cost to you.

Please click on the link below in Chuck's message.

Thank you,

Jil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JIL M SWEARINGEN
Regional IPM Coordinator

NATIONAL PARK SERVICE
National Capital Region
Center for Urban Ecology
4598 MacArthur Blvd., NW
Washington DC 20007
Phone/ 202-342-1443, ex. 218
Fax/ 202-282-1031
Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov

WEEDS GONE WILD Web Page
http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien

----- Forwarded by Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS on 10/05/2004 05:12 PM -----

                      "Chuck Bargeron"
                      <cbargero at uga.edu        To:       <Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov>
                      >                        cc:
                                               Subject:  RE: invasive plant images for midatlantic region - progress?
                      10/05/2004 04:34
                      PM AST

Take a look: http://www.invasive.org/maweeds.cfm

Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck Bargeron,
Technology Coordinator and Webmaster
Certified Macromedia ColdFusion MX Developer
The Bugwood Network and ForestryImages.org
P. O. Box 748
4601 Research Way Admin. Bldg.
The University of Georgia
Tifton, GA  31793  USA