[APWG] Handout: What the Heck is an Invasive Plant

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Tue Mar 23 16:59:01 CST 2004

Hi,

It's spring time here in the mid-Atlantic and the weeds are waking up. Soon
they'll be winding their way through our forests, fields, and wetlands,
spreading their unwelcome, alien green-ness over our native plants and
habitats.

Attached is a handout that may help you prepare for the 2004 invasion
season. It describes the difference between native, exotic, and invasive
species and discusses some impacts of invasives.

Feel free to reproduce and distribute this handout as you like.

Thank you,

Jil

(See attached file: What the Heck  is an Invasive Plant.doc)

Jil Swearingen
Entomologist/IPM Coordinator
NPS National Capital Region
Center for Urban Ecology